About IENE conferences
IENE international conferences on ecology and transportation provide a recurring interdisciplinary forum for the exchange of current research, knowledge and practical experience between the environment and transport sectors, and between scientists and practitioners, in Europe and worldwide.
This forum addresses professionals and students that are interested in minimizing detrimental and advancing beneficiary effects of use, maintenance and development of transport infrastructure. It also seeks to involve the public and other actors in landscape and infrastructure planning.
IENE international conferences aim at presenting cutting-edge research, identifying urgent questions and problems, discussing effective solutions, and outlining ideas for future activities in transport and infrastructure ecology.
Organization IENE 2018
The organization of the IENE 2018 conference is in the hands of the Organization Committee and the Program Committee. Both committees are part of the IENE organization and work under the responsibility of the IENE Steering Committee.
The Organization Committee is responsible for all things concerning the venue, registration of participants, communication and logistics. Also all the financial matters including accountability to the financing partners, are part of the work of the Organization Committee. The Organization Committee is assisted by an event agency.
The Program Committee is responsible for the theme and subthemes of the conference, the review and selection process of abstracts and excursions, the general outline of the program, and the conference publications.
IENE 2018 Organization Committee
- Adam Hofland (chair), Rijkswaterstaat (Netherlands)
- Camiel Meijneken, ProRail (Netherlands)
- Katja Claus, Vlaamse Overheid, Departement Omgeving (Belgium)
- Marleen Moelants, Vlaamse Overheid, Agentschap Wegen & Verkeer (Belgium)
- Gerlies Nap, Provincie Noord-Holland (Netherlands)
- Wiel Poelmans, Provincie Noord-Brabant (Netherlands)
IENE 2018 Program Committee
- Edgar van der Grift (chair), Wageningen University & Research (Netherlands)
- Andreas Seiler, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (Sweden)
- Clara Grilo, Federal University of Lavras (Brazil)
- Rodney van der Ree, Ecology and Infrastructure International Pty Ltd (Australia)
- Marcel Huijser, Western Transportation Institute (USA)
IENE 2018 Event Agency: PINO Communicatie, Evenementen en Congressen (Netherlands)
- Lourien Verweij
- Pieter Schure
- Isabelle Cleusters